Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Long overdue update

Whew the last few weeks have been a whirlwind. After returning from our holiday adventures, both Alan and I have been busy at work and preparing for our Sweet Girl. We have been attending birth classes and learning about everything from relaxation techniques to how to put on a diaper. It is interesting to meet other parents and hear their thoughts and concerns. Regardless of what we are learning, it has been wonderful for Alan and I to spend dedicated time together thinking about this next phase of our life. I can already tell that Alan will be an excellent birth coach. He is so good about helping me to practice my breathing techniques and suggesting other relaxation strategies.

We have also been busy preparing spaces in our home for our little one. Last weekend we put together a dresser and changing table for the nursery and moved furniture around to accommodate the new pieces. It felt so good to create a special space for our little one.

I am 32 weeks along and feeling good for the most part. Sleep is a little more hit or miss and I am starting to feel some of the aches and pains associated with carrying 20 lbs more than usual. Sweet Girl is still moving a lot although I can tell she is beginning to run out of space. It is now pretty common to see my belly move or various appendages poking through or moving about.   I can't believe that in about 2 months time we will finally get to meet our daughter!

Getting bigger every day! (Or at least that is what it feels like)

Changing Table

Make-shift closet space

New dresser

Can't wait to meet our Sweet Girl!


1 comment:

  1. you look great! and the make shift closet seems just right.

    ReplyDelete