Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sippy cups and sitting

Ava is growing and developing so fast! She is quite good at sitting on her own and her falls are usually because she wants to change position rather than just losing her balance. I do think she has been enjoying a new perspective on the world. Next up...crawling!

Ava has also been trying to drink from a sippy cup. She actually does really well with a normal glass, with assistance of course, but it is fun to see her holding on to her own plastic, spill-proof cup. The video below shows a particularly excited Ava using a sippy cup.

Ava's ear infection cleared up nicely and she started "liking" the amoxicillian about the time that her prescription was finished. I am sure this won't be the last ear infection, but I hope it is not the first of many.

By far the biggest development of the week is the arrival of teeth! Ava is getting both of her middle bottom teeth. Both teeth have poked through the skin and boy are they sharp! I think the whole process has been pretty uncomfortable for Ava but we have been finding an array of fruits and veggies that are good teething toys including cucumbers, apples, and celery.

Enjoying a beautiful fall evening on the porch

Laid back Sunday, watching football with Dad

It is so fun to sit up and play!



1 comment:

  1. ooo-my-goodness! she is so adorable, amber. hope to see you three sometime soon-ish.

    ReplyDelete