Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a GIRL!

Sunday marked the 20th week of my pregnancy. Half way through more or less! On Monday we had our 20 week ultrasound which is used to take a close look at baby's anatomy and make sure all the parts are developing and are growing at the right rate. Baby now weighs 11 ounces and everything looked normal. Perhaps the biggest finding from our ultrasound is that we are having a girl! Alan and I are so excited. I have been thinking about how knowing the sex has changed my perception of the baby. It has taken a bit for me to shift my thinking from Baby Smith to Baby Girl but I already feel closer to this sweet child. I feel so blessed to have access to ultrasound technology as it is very reassuring that everything is going well with Baby Smith.

I hope to post some belly pictures soon. There is no doubt that I look pregnant and have been experiencing lots of stretching and growth. It is pretty amazing how the body accommodates for this new life.

Below are some of the ultrasound photos from Monday. The yellow-tinted images are a 3D reconstruction of the ultrasound. 

Baby is facing toward the left. The head area looks deformed because that part of the head was outside of the ultrasound scan.



This one looks a little weird, but the face is just above the dark space in the middle. You can see 3 fingers spread across the face.
Profile picture of Baby.
 
This one totally scared me during the ultrasound, but let's just say we know the kiddo has two eyes and the ocular bones are developing!

No comments:

Post a Comment